How to Start Elimination Communication with a Newborn Baby – Part II
Now’s the time to put into action everything you’ve just observed and learned about your baby in Part I, Learning Cues, Signals, & Timing.
Starting Elimination Communication, Part 2 – The Actual Pottying
1. Notice it’s potty time when your baby makes her signal or you know it’s time.
2. Take your baby to potty by holding him or her in this position –>
and make your cue noise.
A Few Tips:
1. Start as early as you can (0-4 months is the first optimal window, but you can start later with success if you have good guidance).
2. Keep it low-stress.
3. Focus on building communication & trust.
4. Be gentle with your baby.
5. Learn EXACTLY how to do Elimination Communication before committing to the practice. There are many aspects of EC that seem easy enough but a few key things done wrong in the beginning can thwart your practice later on. Start Elimination Communication in an informed way here.
For More Detailed Instructions