Now’s the time to put into action everything you’ve just observed and learned about your baby in Part I, Learning Cues, Signals, & Timing.
Starting Elimination Communication, Part 2 – The Actual Pottying
1. Notice it’s potty time when your baby makes her signal or you know it’s time. [frame_right][/frame_right]
2. Take your baby to potty by holding him or her in this position –>
and make your cue noise.
A Few Tips:
1. Start as early as you can (0-4 months is the first optimal window, but you can start later with success if you have good guidance).
2. Keep it low-stress.
3. Focus on building communication & trust.
4. Be gentle with your baby.
5. Learn EXACTLY how to do Elimination Communication before committing to the practice. There are many aspects of EC that seem easy enough but a few key things done wrong in the beginning can thwart your practice later on. Start Elimination Communication in an informed way here.
For More Detailed Instructions